In the business world, many companies are family businesses. Though some believe the mom and pop image may make them seem less professional than some of their competitors, that is not necessarily the case. Like any business, proper marketing and promotion can make your business seem just as professional as any other and, in many cases, being in a family business can even work to a company’s advantage. Read on to find out how to successfully market your family business. If you are running a family business, and feel that you need a leg up over your competitors, consult San Diego expert graphic design and branding company, Lien Design.
To figure out how to successfully market a family business, it’s a good idea to take inventory of all the reasons why being a family business can work to a company’s advantage. Here are a few of those reasons:
· Being in a family business is a conversation starter. It automatically gives your brand a story that customers will be curious to know more about.
· Customers tend to trust family businesses more than other brands.
· Being in a family business is a differentiator that can help your brand stand out from other brands.
But rather than take this information on blind faith, here is some interesting research about family businesses that was done by Ernst & Young and Kennesaw State University’s Cox Family Enterprise Center based on 2,400 of the world’s largest family businesses:
· 76% of these businesses referred to themselves as a “family business” in corporate communications
· 64% said that being in a family business helped to differentiate themselves from their competitors
· 64% felt that being in a family business helped improve their reputation with customers.
· 68% said the family strongly identifies with the company
Building a brand is not just about cashing in and moving on. It’s about working hard to create a business that will add to the legacy of those who went before and build something for generations to come. This sort of thinking is no more apparent than in that of a family company where there is a strong will to build something that your family and its customers will benefit from in the future.
If you are in a family company, it’s important not to deny your roots, but rather to embrace them. Your family business should be a source of pride, and it is a good idea to promote this through your PR, your web design and branding and your communications. If you are active in your family business, and are looking for the best way to promote your products, you may want to consult the experts like those at California’s Lien Design. They will make sure that your family pride comes across in every aspect of your company’s marketing campaign.
Written by ©2018 Lien Design