A publication design can be integral in the branding process. Publications that companies release can serve to inform customers about the company, or their products or services. It’s important to integrate some key features to make sure the publication is as effective as possible in getting its message across. Read on to find out more about what to look out for when creating a publication design.
Types Of Publication Design
When it comes to business, publication design can include the following:
· Annual Reports: This yearly report can inform shareholders of the company’s finances and activities during the past year.
· Brochure Design: A brochure will help inform customers about services and products a company offers and about the company itself.
· Direct Mail: The mail is still a great way to advertise to the public. All mail communications should be attractive and easy to read.
· Fact Sheets: A fact sheet can give information about a particular issue and is usually used for publicity purposes. This engaging content can be a great way to promote a business.
· Magazines: Businesses may also want to create their own magazines which can serve as engaging content for customers and consumers.
· Posters: Posters can be a great way to advertise a product, sale or special.
· Research Reports: Whether you are preparing a research report for your company or providing one for another company, you always want it to look its best. This document can focus on a specific stock, industry sector, currency, commodity, fixed income instrument, geographic region or country.
· Strategic Plans: Strategic planning will outline your goals for the future. Whether you are distributing this to shareholders, investors or financial professionals, it is always good to put your best foot forward.
· View Books: Often published by a college or university, view books are a great way to recruit students and advertise the school in general.
Elements to Include in a Publication Design
When creating a publication design, the best creations will include the following elements:
· Discovery: Discuss the goals of the publication using engaging content
· Structure: Develop a hierarchy and sequence the content accordingly
· Ideas: Generate ideas to bring across key concepts and messages
· Visual Graphic Design: Create a look and feel that will express the brand
· Image Assets: Images will always be an eye catching feature in a publication. Use bright, colorful pictures to keep reader’s attention.
· Layout: Create an easy to follow layout. Avoid using too many words, and emphasize your key points with subheadings.
· Cover Design: The cover design will have to make consumers want to open the book. Make sure to create one that is unique and attention getting.
· Production: Make a quality product that represents the quality of your brand.
If you are looking to have a publication design created for your company, it is important to hire someone to do the job who understands your brand and identity. You also want someone who is experienced in making a visually interesting product that is affordable and able to deliver it in a timely manner.
San Diego, California graphic design and branding company Lien Design is one you can turn to for all your branding needs. They know what it takes to help your company to stand out from the competition, regardless of what you are looking to achieve. Call Lien Design for your next publication, packaging, web site design and more. They will make sure your business is always shown in its best light.